This project is read-only.

Bubble Charts

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I realized that the object can't support bubble charts since bubble chart values are an array of arrays, i.e. "values":[[21,-14,5], [12,21,18], [19,25,18]]. I've really been trying to avoid writing a custom serializer. Thus I wanted the Artix.ZingChart to conform to the output, but I'm stuck on how to support bubble charts and other charts whose value is an array of decimals, i.e. "values":[215,208,200]. Any suggestions are welcome.

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Thinking I'll set the values type as an array of objects instead of an array of decimals.

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Looks like I'll have to create two Series objects that are each derived from the same class. One type will be for Bubble Charts and the other type will be for all other charts. Apparently .NET's JSON serializer doesn't like arrays stored in objects.

Mar 23, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Well, I wanted to avoid writing a custom JSON serializer so much that I opted for the only solution that worked. BubbleChart is its own class. This probably makes sense in the long run since only a subset of the properties of other charts are available with bubble charts. I'll be updating the repository, the build and the samples soon.